Holy Water, San Fernando Cathedral, San Antonio, 2004
Canon 10D, Zenitar 16mm fisheye. 1/3 second exposure, braced against column. San Fernando Cathedral is the diocesan church in San Antonio. The outer skin of the church was built in the 1880's, around the original sanctuario that was built in 1731. The cathedral sits on Main Plaza, also known as the Plaza de las Islas, or Islander's Square, after the Canary Islanders who colonized lands granted to them by the King of Spain in 1729. This church was Santa Anna's headquarters during the 1836 siege of the Alamo, which is about a mile to the east.